Do you know what gets me through my depression? The intolerable sleep patterns, the constant need to fill a void, the incessant wall-staring -- it's all mended when I browse through the grocery aisles, killing the impulse beast, when I stick to my meal plan, satisfying my fickle appetite, when I walk 15 km a day, even when my feet and back cry out in pain.
Dedication dulls the agony of depression. When the emptiness screams out for the satisfaction of those carbs, the sugars, that fast food, I starve the hell out of it before it causes a binge. What good will I be fueled by monosodium glutamate, benzoate preservatives, high fructose corn syrup? I won't -- clearly. I'll be a fat load of shit, creating a hole so deep in my couch that I'll require a crane to lift my ass up.
Knowing that I can do ONE thing RIGHT: that keeps me going.
Page, you're such a sweetheart. I wonder about that too...just keep your eyes open for a tall, less-than-thin girl with a sullen look on her face :P hehe. After dropping out of university, I spent a month and a half with my parents. I'm on my own now (well, with roommates), in your city :) (if you're still in Toronto). So, here's my SECOND POST IN A WEEK....where's yours? :):)
Here's to staying committed so we don't end up with our hand permanently stuck running between the chip bowl and our face.
No comments:
Post a Comment